Circle of Security ™ – Parenting Program
CIRCLE OF SECURITY IS A PARENTING PROGRAM FOR ALL FAMILIES.
Are you interested in learning more about raising a secure child? Are you interested in learning a parenting map that is about tuning in to your relationship with your child? Are you interested in learning how to get a quality connection with your children while still being able to handle all of your grown-up responsibilities? If so, please consider learning with Circle of Security.
The Circle of Security™ parenting program is based on decades of research about how to strengthen and support secure parent-child relationships.
Enhance your parenting skills. Learn effective ways to understand and respond to your child’s needs and behaviour.
Circle of SecurityTM helps parents and caregivers improve their own awareness of their children’s needs, giving parents the tools to strengthen parent-child relationships and raise secure well-attached Children.
WHO IS IT FOR?
All parents and caregivers of children aged 0-8 years of age are welcome to participate in the Circle of SecurityTM program here in Toowoomba.
No referral is needed.
It is often best if couples can attend the program together.
We ask that you attend without your children to promote optimal attention to the program material. Unfortunately, babysitting is not available, unless your school or daycare can provide this.
WHAT ARE THE MAIN BENEFITS?
- Learn how to develop a positive and secure relationship with your child
- Learn how to read your child’s needs and understand their emotional world
- Gain an understanding of your own parenting style (strengths and weakness) and how that may differ from your partners’ style.
- Find ways of working as a parenting team together.
- Learn ways to help regulate your child’s big emotions.
- Become a more consistent parent so your child can develop to their full potential feeling safe and secure.
Our Circle of SecurityTM program is delivered by a trained paediatrician and clinical psychologist in small, interactive and relaxed sessions designed to suit busy families.
WHAT IS THE CIRCLE OF SECURITY?
It is a visual map to help you understand your child’s attachment needs
Children need freedom, protection and kind guidance. By better understanding and responding to these needs, you can provide your child with more security, and enjoy more satisfaction as a parent.
- A 6-week Program run by a trained facilitator.
- Small group sessions.
- Can be arranged for groups